19e match report against Bishops

 In 1stXV MATCH REPORTS, High School, Other Teams

SACS vs BISHOPS Under 19E – Match report


The final score of 20 – 22 to Bishops reflects how close the match was , with Bishops hanging on for a slightly  fortuitous victory.

The match started at a furious pace, with the Bishops forwards dominating the breakdown, which resulted in a try down the left blindside, which was not converted. With the score at 5 nil, SACS struggled to gain any momentum, defending for much of the half, and when they did eventually get into the Bishops’ half,  all they could come  away with was  a penalty  conversion from their fullback. They then proceeded to undo all the hard work by allowing in another try down the blind side, which again Bishops failed to convert. Leaving the half time score 10 -3 to the visitors.

After a strong word from the coaches at half time, it was a different SACS team after the break. If anything, the pace of the game was even quicker, and with the Bishops forwards tiring, the SACS began to get more of their fair share of the ball, and loose forward Chubb picked and drove for the line to score, why try was converted to leave the scores locked at 10 all.

Bishops refused to lie down, and came back strongly, taking a quick penalty tap when SACS tried to slow the ball down, and going over  out wide in the left corner. The try was again unconverted.

SACS went right back on attack, and after a good line out, and a well worked back line movement with the fullback joining the line, the right wing went over in the corner, The conversion went wide, again leaving the scores even.

SACS continued to press, but misfortune struck when an attempted grubber hit the legs of the Bishops players and landed in their hands to run through untouched to score under the posts . The try was converted to leave the score at 22 -15 with 5 minutes to play.

Almost immediately after the restart, SACS ’bad luck turned to good, when an intercept  led to another try for the  SACS right wing under the posts. However, the kick was charged down, to leave Bishops clinging to the lead.

SACS dominated from the kickoff, and went close to scoring down the left, but the recycle was delayed  by Bishops. With full time on the clock, SACS decided to kick the resultant penalty for the win, but unfortunately for them the kick went agonisingly wide, to leave the final score 22 – 20 for the visitors.


Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search